Proceive ® Advanced Fertility Supplement successful launch –Ireland and the UK
Proceive® Advanced Fertility Supplements were launched in Ireland in February 2016.
The range caters for couples who may be at different stages in their journey of trying to conceive:
- The Proceive® capsule range for men and women who have just begun the process of thinking about having a baby and wish to prepare their body for conception
- The Proceive® MAX range for men and women who have been trying for a baby for one year or more or who are older (women over 35 years of age/men over 40 years of age).
Objectives and Challenges
The key objectives for the Proceive® launch were:
- Achieve distribution in the Irish pharmacy trade in year one – in Boots, Lloyds, McCabes, McCauley’s and Hickeys.
- Distribution in independent pharmacies.
- Reach budgeted sales in Ireland in year one.
- Launch in the UK in year two.
- The purchase of a fertility supplement is a discreet purchase. Ocean Healthcare was very aware of this and the positioning instore was key to making the products visual to consumers while ensuring a level of sensitivity when purchasing.
How Ocean Healthcare achieved these objectives and overcame challenges
Achieving distribution in Boots, McCabes, Lloyds, McCauley’s and Hickeys Group pharmacies
- Key buyers in the Groups were presented on the USPs of Proceive®, on the research indicating a need for an advanced fertility supplement and the above the line and below the line launch activities. Staff training was set up across the stores. The Proceive® website linked to key pharmacy stores highlighting the availability of product.
Achieving distribution in Irish independent pharmacy:
- Training pharmacy staff in Ireland by the Ocean Healthcare sales team was key to the success of the launch.
- An extensive training programme on the benefits of Proceive®, the target market and the above the line activity was at product launch and point of sale material placed instore.
Overcoming the sensitive subject matter with above the line and below the line activities.
- We successfully presented to IVF clinics on the benefits of Proceive® and this resulted in endorsements from leading experts in the field which helped couples feel confident taking Proceive to help them prepare their bodies for conception.
- The Proceive® website was developed to provide helpful information to couples.
- A TV, press campaign and a digital online campaign focused on providing information to couples in an informative caring manner.
- Experts were on hand to answer any consumer queries within 24 hours.
- Point of sale enabled customers to find the product easily, yet discreetly.
- The Proceive website is informative with helpful blogs by influencers on how to help couples when trying for a baby.
Distribution in Boots, McCabes, Lloyds, McCauley’s and Hickeys Group pharmacies was achieved over a three month period.
With Boots, the key to the success was initially placing the Proceive® Capsules range instore and when the sales reached a certain level after a short period, the MAX range was ordered.
The Ocean team worked on promotional plans, tied in with above the line activity, with all the groups. Sales have exceeded budgeted sales for the brand.
The Independent pharmacy sector sales of Proceive® has exceeded expectations as, in many cases, these pharmacies are located in rural areas where discreet product sales can be more difficult to achieve.
Proceive® won the Silver Best Product Award for Fertility at the Maternity & Infant Awards – voted for by the public 2017.
Proceive® was launched into the UK in January 2018 into Holland & Barrett and there are plans to expand further into the UK market